There are separate Zoom links for the meeting based on the streams/parallel sessions (stream 1 and stream 2), and for the public lecture. For further information, please refer to the final confirmation sent to all registered participants.
Please adhere to the following Zoom etiquette to enable us all to have a very successful and enjoyable meeting.
- The platform we are using to host the event is Zoom Webinar. Please ensure you have downloaded the Zoom app or have tested Zoom in your web browser. The latest version of Zoom is 5.5.4. You can test your connection at https://zoom.us/test
- We encourage you to download the Zoom App if possible to take advantage of the full zoom experience.
- If you are new to Zoom, please watch a short tutorial created by the IOP online at https://youtu.be/xJz0zvH5cjE
- Please input your full name and organisation (abbreviated as necessary) to fit within the 64 characters allowed in Zoom (and if you wish, your preferred pronoun) as your profile name.
- Attendees will join the webinar in listen only mode and will not be able to share their cameras.
- Please join the webinar approximately 5 minutes before the session is due to start. You will be held in the waiting room.
- The conferences team will be online for the duration of the webinar. If you have any technical issues during the talk, please send a private message in Zoom chat button/box or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The team can be identified as they will have IOP as their prefix. If you need urgent assistance, please telephone +44 (0)7881 923 142.
- The talks will be recorded and shared online via our On-Demand service.
- We hope it would never to come to this, but the organisers reserve the right to dismiss anyone who is disrupting the meeting. Please refer to the IOP code of conduct.
How to ask questions:
At the end of each talk, there will be an opportunity to ask questions. Questions are being managed in the following ways:
- You can virtually raise your hand. The chair for the session will unmute you and invite you to ask your question. Please note that this method should only be used during the designated Q&A session.
- You can also type your questions into the Q&A box. We encourage all attendees to actively participate in the Q&A by upvoting other attendees’ questions, and by submitting their own. You can post questions throughout the webinar, and the session chair will make every effort to ask all/the most voted questions to the authors at the end, during the allocated Q&A time.
We will of course try to answer all questions during the Q&A, but if we run out of time, we will respond offline.
Public lecture: Tuesday 13 April - 18:00-18:45UT
The evening public lecture 'Designer Magnets' will provide an accessible introduction to magnetic materials for non-experts. The public lecture is open to all, so please feel free to circulate the following link to friends and family who may be interested in attending.
Link to Join: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84037853507
Webinar ID: 840 3785 3507
International numbers available: https://us02web.zoom.us/u/kdGhmDPzqv
There are three poster sessions as listed below. The posters are available via a third-party platform iPosters which can be accessed from Monday 12 April. Please do spare the time to visit the posters and engage with the presenters. Prizes will be awarded for the best poster, and participants will have the opportunity to vote for their favourite poster.
Monday 12 April:
Poster Session 1 15:30-16:30
Poster Session 2 16:30-17:30
Tuesday 13 April
Poster Session 3 16:15-17:15